My latest book haul

Arabian Nights and Days - Naguib Mahfouz, Denys Johnson-Davies The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt Doctor Zhivago - Boris Pasternak, Richard Pevear, Larissa Volokhonsky The Complete C. S. Lewis Signature Classics - C.S. Lewis Palace Walk: The Cairo Trilogy - Naguib Mahfouz Palace of Desire: The Cairo Trilogy, Volume 2 - Naguib Mahfouz, William Maynard Hutchins, Lorne M. Kenny, Olive E. Kenny Sugar Street: The Cairo Trilogy, Volume 3 - Naguib Mahfouz

Last night I decided I'd better get myself organized and make a schedule of the books I'll need during the next three months to read for my various groups, projects and challenges, which necessitated going through all my bookshelves to determine what was already there and what I needed to get.

This was a terrific exercise - luckily I have most of the books on hand but still found that a trip to Chapters (oh the hardship) was required. There are still more that I'll have to order but I think I came home with some great books - even managed to sneak in some that are strictly for my own pleasure. What a wonderful feeling it is to have even a small portion of my reading mapped out with books on hand.