The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events #3)

The Wide Window  - Lemony Snicket

The three Baudelaire children, Violet, Klaus and Sunny find themselves with yet another new guardian and being pursued by the wicked Count Olaf, who is determined to get his hands on the children's fortune. The guardian in this adventure is Aunt Josephine who is so afraid of everything, from the telephone to the stove (all meals are served cold and uncooked) that she is absolutely incapable of protecting them from Count Olaf's evil plan.

Neither Aunt Josephine nor their banker, Mr. Poe, believe the children when they say that Captain Sham is none other than their nemesis Count Olaf in disguise, which puts the kids in the position of having to protect themselves. Putting together their unique gifts, Violet is an inventor, Klaus is a reader, Sunny bites everything, they manage to foil Olaf's dastardly deed and escape his clutches.

Lemony Snicket has done it again.There is no happy ending in the stories of this series, just one unfortunate event after another.  I really liked this book although I think I prefer the 2nd, The Reptile Room ,a tad bit more!  What's not to like!!!